Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Some music

As some people commented that music will help me out of my down, here's some Faroese music for you!



Teitur made a surprise appearance in Sirkus on a quiet evening when we were just out for a few drinks in Torshavn. As he is one of the most famous Faroese singers, this was really a lucky lucky coincidence. Anyways, sat only about half a meter from him enjoying his lovely music.



Eivør is the most famous singer from the Faroes and Orka is a pretty unique band which make their own instruments. By the way, the above video is from a concert at Nordens hus, where I sleep for free when I'm visiting Torshavn. Hotel rooms backstage for the artists... and Nordjobbers like me!

Most Faroese music is mellow and they listen to a lot of folk music. Don't think I've come across anything resembling pop or hiphop or electric, all mainly very talented singers and musicians that do acoustic music.

Today Sussi

No comments:

Post a Comment